Winter recipe: A Delicious Moroccan stew
Need some warmth during the cold season? A Moroccan stew is the perfect food to do a health meal and to feel good all around. Here you will find a recipe for cooking.
Soups are wonderful meals in the dark months. You do not have any products in your shopping cart yet. If you do not want to have the annual classic, you can try something new – a Moroccan winter pint for example.
The ingredients are the following:
The Moroccan cuisine is not a very popular meal since most people do not know how to cook it. It relies on valuable foods like vegetables and combines them with couscous or bulgur-shaped semolina of hard wheat, barley or millet. To satisfy six hungry mouths with the North African winter pots, you need:
- 800 grams of lean beef
- 250 grams of onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 40 grams of ginger root
- 30 grams of sultana
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 240 chickpeas from a can
- 750 millilitre Mediterranean vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon peppers
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 knife tip Saffron threads
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
Marconi winter tea: The preparation
Now go to the stove to throw the winter pots. The anticipation is already rising when cooking, because the combination of oriental spices is a highlight for all senses.
1. If the beef is not already sliced, roll it into cubes about two centimeters. For spice, sprinkle with caraway, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon and allspice and mix until the goulash is well moistened. Then let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, so that the flavors spread well and eat in the meat.
2. You can use the split time to cut the onions into fine slices. Peel garlic and chop finely. The ginger is finely ground after cleaning.
3. When the 30 minute rest period is over, add some oil into a stew, put the meat in it and fry well from all sides. Take it out again and drain it in a sieve.
4. In the remaining oil plus spice mixture from the pot, you can soak the onions, garlic and ginger. After three minutes, her cooking time is also finished and they land on the meat to cool. Then pour the grease out of the pot.
5. Put these mixed ingredients back into the pot and remove them with the Mediterranean vegetable broth. Cook up and go to the next step.
6. Now you can add saffron, bay leaves and sultanas and leave the beef stew – total 75 minutes with low heat and closed lid.
7. Still, it is not time to get your feet high, now it is the turn of vegetables. Peel the carrots, clean the courgettes and cut into rough pieces. Cut both halves horizontally and quarter by quarter.
8. When the first three-quarters of an hour’s cooking time has elapsed, the carrots also land in the cooking pot, 15 minutes later the courgettes. So the vegetables have the perfect bite in the winter pots.
9. Straight line! Pour the chick peas and rinse them in cold water. Five minutes before you turn the stove off, they also come into the pot and are warmed up.
10. Is the Moroccan winter tea a wonderful fragrance? Then it is time to call the guests to the table. You just have to taste the dish with salt and pepper and eat time! If you want to stay true to the North African culinary traditions, you can also enjoy a bowl of couscous. With such a delicious recipe, the winter can really come, right?