Here is the way to get rid of mosquitoes with the cream you prepared
Every year it is a nice feeling when it gets warmer outside and the summer is approaching. The mind becomes brighter and the clothing lighter. The mosquitoes have a good laugh! A lot of freely accessible skin sites for blood suction. Unfortunately, many of the summer nights are destroyed, or some bathing pass is missed. A remedy is provided by mosquito repellent products. Lotion, spray, roll-on pens and the like are found in every supermarket. But few products are really smarticular-capable.
Conclusion: simply make your own! I would like to introduce you to my two favorite recipes for mosquitoes. Admittedly, the manufacture is somewhat more elaborate, but the effect is fantastic and I love the smell! If you need a quick fix, try this 30-second recipe for an anti-mosquito spray .
Self-made anti-mosquito spray
A spray is practical, especially when it has to go fast and on the road. Used as body spray or room spray, it keeps the plague spirits from the body. It also works great for spraying bed linen and curtains in the bedroom.
For the production of 50 ml spray you need:
- 1 Handful fresh Pomeranian leaves (grows on almost every green area)
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers ( more about lavender )
- 200 ml of water 2 tbsp alcohol (at least 40% vol.) essential oils like lemongrass, lemon eucalyptus, palmarosa, rose geranium (we recommend essential oils of New Moon , Primavera and Farfalla)
- 1 spray bottle with at least 50 ml volume
Thus, the spray is prepared: Disinfect all working tools and hands with alcohol – for hygienic and, if possible, germ-free working;
- boil 200 ml of water
- Let it go for 10 minutes
- Pour 40 ml of the infusion,
- remove the rest for the skin lotion (second recipe below)
- Add 2 tablespoons of alcohol to the spray bottle
- Dissolve the essential oils in it, I usually use 7 drops of lemongrass, 5 drops of lemon eucalyptus, 3 drops of palmarosa and 3 drops of rose geranium
- Pour on the herb soup and shake well
Alternatively, citronella and non-tree oil can also be used to keep mosquitoes away.
Anti-mosquito skin lotion
As an addition to the spray, I have created an anti-mosquito skin lotion. The production is wonderfully simple and with few ingredients quickly managed. The herbal infusion is further processed as a starting product.
For a creme seal of approx. 50 g I use:
- Lavender Pomeranian herbal infusion
- 30 g of organic vegetable oil (eg sunflower oil or olive oil)
- 5 g of bee wax (as vegan alternative instead 3 g of carnauba wax)
- Essential oils: lemongrass, lemon eucalyptus, palmarosa, rose geranium
How the production works:
- At the beginning, disinfect all work equipment with alcohol
- Slowly heat the oil with the beeswax in the water bath until the wax melts
- Remove the pot from the oven and allow to cool
- Mix the herbal infusion in a high container with the blender and boil again briefly
- Also remove from the heat and allow to cool to a hand warm temperature
- If the fat has a consistency of room-warm butter, add 20 g of the herbal tea
- Mix with the blender bar until no liquid is visible – the cream emulsifies and becomes a homogeneous mass
- Place in a clean and disinfected crucible and keep in a refrigerator
The shelf life of the cream is about one to two weeks. There are no preservatives in the recipe. Therefore, it is particularly important during manufacture to ensure a clean and hygienic operation. With its wonderfully light texture, this skin lotion draws quickly into the skin. For a pleasant night’s rest I recommend spraying the anti-mosquito spray before going to bed in the bedroom. As a night cream you wear the skin lotion and the Dreumeland is already nothing more in the way.
As a small tip: You can drink the rest of the herbal tea as a relaxing tea, add to the smoothie or use as a relaxation bath.