Healthy baking: Icelandic skyr cake
Do you want a creamy taste with a good portion of proteins? The Skyr-Torte is the perfect kick for sweet-cheeses and fans of the light palate. Even better: you do not even need an oven for the preparation. A summer classic that will enrich your next Sunday.
In principle, the Skyr cake is easy to compare with a Philadelphia cake. Instead of the fresh cheese, however, you reach the deliciously creamy yoghurt and pepst it with sweet and fruity highlights. Do you already have the water in your mouth? Then you can get started!
Your shopping list
When a visit has been announced and you want to conjure up a delicious and easy accompaniment to the coffee , the Skyr cake is just the thing for you. It belongs to the refrigerator, which means that you do not have to bake it. So make your way to the supermarket around the corner and get the following ingredients:
For the ground:
- 125 grams of butter
- 150 grams spoon biscuit
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder
For the Skyr cream:
- 2 cups of Skyr (vanilla flavor)
- 250 milliliters whipped cream
- 8 sheets of gelatin
- 80 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams of frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
The Skyr cake is a wonderfully easy replacement for the often very heavy cheesecake and is quickly produced. You should, however, start the preparation at least six hours before your guests arrive, so that the treat still has enough time to get stuck in the fridge and cool down. Are you curious? Then you can get started right away, here you will find the step-by-step instructions for baking.
1. Start with the ground. Cut the spoonbiscuit in a bowl, melt the butter and add it together with the cocoa to the fine biscuits. If you have blended everything nicely, you can fill the mass into a jumping form (22 cm diameter) and press with a glass on the ground. Save the edges of the cake mold.
2. Afterwards, go to the filling of the Skyr cake. Let the gelatine soak for the first time. In the meantime, stir the skyr with the sugar and the eggs until a homogeneous cream is formed. In another bowl, beat the cream stiffly and carefully place it under the yoghurt. Now liquefy the gelatine in a pot and mix it with the filling. Pour the cream evenly on the biscuit floor in the jumping mold.
3. Now it is: wait! For about three hours, keep your Skyr cake in the refrigerator before you can continue with the next step. When time has almost passed, return to the kitchen. Take the blueberries out of the freezer compartment and fill them with the sugar in a high container. Grab a blender bar and mix both. Pour the blueberry through a sieve again, so that it is velvety soft, and spread it on the Skyr cake.
4. You almost made it. Place the palate for three hours in the refrigerator before serving it. Your guests will surely make big eyes. The cake is perfectly suited to make the sweet tooth in the summer a pleasure. Try it!